Thursday, October 11, 2007
The last 2 months
Wow I haven't been here for 2 months!! I have been so busy in my free time trying to organize all of the papers from my daughters schools. Olymbia has started kindergarden at a private school and the fundraisers she comes home with are unbelievable. I can't keep up with all of the papers. As for Gregory he seems to be moving forward with slow steady progress. We recently visited Kennedy Kreiger and had him evaluated as part of a research program. The results came back pretty on target, I think. They noted he was above age level in all areas except for social. In the social area they said he was mildly below. He is a tough nut!! I feel very fortunate to have started intervention with him at a very early age but at the same time it is frustrating when we meet with some professionals because they look at him and have a hard time seeing what I see. Thank goodness for Jennifer because she is one of the people who clearly sees what I am worried about and has the tools to help us. Gregory is doing pretty well. Jennifer and I sat down last week and looked through some objectives in stage 1 and 2 of RDI. I saw a lot of things that Gregory can do and I was very pleased. But I still feel like I do a lot of scaffolding for him that I typical 19 month old would not need. Our plan is to work on parent objectives for another month and then evaluate where Gregory is and what objectives we will start working on with him. Working on parent objectives has given Gregory a lot of progress so I think another month with those in mind will be great! Since our au pair came it has given me a lot of extra time to work on RDI with Gregory as she can play with the girls. She is also very good at engaging Gregory so I can spend time with the girls also. Unfortunatly she had to leave to go back to Costa Rica last night because her mother was in a serious car accident. I am so hopeful that her mother makes a full recovery and Marisela will come back and be with our family for another 10 months. She has been so wonderful for our family. She is so sweet and has a heart of gold. Her strong faith and optimism has been inspiring to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment