The last few months have had me doing a lot of thinking about what my purpose in life is. There are so many things I want to accomplish. This journey we are on with figuring out happiness and peace for our family. I need to spend more time with God, I know. I really need to find a direction to move in. We are doing ok as a family but I want more for us, more for my kids, and yes, more for me. Gregory has brought so much to our lives. He is a wonderful little boy whose smile makes my heart melt. Yet he struggles. I see how his body does not feel just right for him. What I mean is that his sensory issues prevent him from being just him. He has so much to offer this world and I want to do everything I can to help bring that out. So this determination to help my son has brought to me a feeling of wanting to help other parents learn to help there children in the same way. Yet I am not quite there yet. I have the motivation but don't quite have the knowledge and expertise. So now I am searching for that. I want to study this fascinating part of the body, the mind. I want to understand how the mind develops and how things may go wrong in development. I want to do this so I can work with children with autism. My son would be in a world of his own right now if we did not find these wonderful therapies to help him. He still has difficulties but his last ADOS test he showed no signs of autism. I don't know if he will always be free from this diagnosis but what I do know is that we have a wonderful relationship right now. He is securely attached to me. He wants to be with me. It feels great! I am reading the book "The Cradle of Thought" It is a fascinating book about how the mind develops. I will post more on it when I finish.
SO now I have all of these things in my mind I want to do. BUT...where is the time? I am going to sort through things and hopefully I will find the path that will lead this Lymberis family to a happy ending.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment