Monday, July 28, 2008

Let's try again

Well once again it has been a while since I posted here. Really I just wish I would find the time each night to sit down for 5 minutes to reflect on the day. I think it would really help me in the future to be able to look back and see how far we have come. These days Gregory is doing really well. Of course there are still things I worry about but overall he makes me smile and feel extremely proud so many times during the day. For example, Saturday I was trying to get him to take his vitamins (which he usually swallows with a swig of juice-pretty impressive for a 2 year old). Well for some reason he started resisting and he would not take them. I started getting upset and very impatient and so I decided to leave the room for a few minutes and go sit down on the sofa for a time out. He came to me crying and asked me to hold him. Then I started crying because I felt upset that I lost my patience with him (its a 2 year olds job to say NO, right?) So he looked at me and then just hugged me tighter. Later that night he took his vitamins and after he did he said, "See Mommy I can do it" Then to top it all off the next day he said to me, "Mommy remember yesterday you were mad at me because I wouldn't take my vitamins. HOW CUTE IS THAT!

We are still plugging along with RDI and biomed. RDI is so wonderful. We are working on an objective where Gregory has to check back with me to make sure he got the right info from me the first time. He is doing beautifully with this objective.

As far as biomed we are doing a slew of vitamins and supplements. Possibly going to pursue some more hbot. I liked the first 40 sessions. Nothing that really popped out as far as progress but just an overall better attitude and definitely more affectionate. Maybe it helped his sensory issues. I wish my bank account was loaded because I would do so much more but unfortunately it is not so we have to do things very slow.

The girls are doing well. Olymbia had a good day yesterday. Some days she has a really hard time regulating herself. She definitely is sensory seeking. But yesterday she seemed to regulate herself nicely. She went to church with my mom and sister and then she came home and played so nicely with Sophia for hours. They played house. It was so sweet. As we got ready for dinner I heard Sophia say to Olymbia, lets sit next to eachother at dinner. I love when they get along so well. Before bed Olymbia, Sophia and I read books. Olymbia (BIA) read us a book. She is really starting to click with reading. It is great!

Sara

No comments: