Monday, October 6, 2008

More HBOT?

I have been thinking about doing another 40 sessions of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy. If it didn't cost us anything I would do it in a heartbeat but unfortunately that is not the case. When all of your financial resources are dry it seems like an easy decision to make but for me it is a hard one. Our first 40 went well and I saw improvements in Gregorys development that I was very happy with. So my thoughts are, what could another 40 do for him? Unfortunately we cannot see into the future so it is a gamble. But what if it is that last little piece we are looking for? Gregory is doing well, I can't deny it. But when your child has come so far you always want more for them. I will not settle. I want the works for him. I want him to have many friends, go to college, get married, have children. The same dreams I had for him before that dark heart sinking day I realized my baby boy did not want to look into my eyes. There are so many things out there to try. What will benefit him the most? Is it more hbot, detoxification, HANDLE, vision therapy? And the list goes on... I have made RDI our life, so that will be with us always. It is my way of interacting with Gregory, with my girls, and actually I find myself interacting in this way with any child I come into contact with.
I am so thankful for the progress Gregory has made, but am I crazy for wanting to do more? I got a call from an hbot center today. He was offering us a discounted rate if we could come during certain times. Is this a sign that I need to try it again? Should I get that temping hygiene job so I can afford this for a couple of months? It never ends... The questions, the worries if I am doing enough.

No comments: