Sunday, September 28, 2008

A new church experience

Today I decided to go to church with my mom. Our church is about 45 minutes away I just wasn't feeling up for the drive this morning so I thought I would go to her church. The kids have been there and really liked their Sunday school class. After all of the stress of getting the kids to where they needed to be I settled into my seat. I looked around and found myself very surprised. The women sitting next to me had on jeans and was drinking a cup of coffee. Now I must say that we go to a Greek Orthodox church. Converting to Orthodox was hard for me because they do many things that I had never experienced growing up in a Methodist Church. Things are pretty strict. I don't think I have ever even seen a women in pants at our church. The service is the same every Sunday.

So I looked around some more and then focused my attention to the guitar player and singer behind the alter. Wow...I said to my mom, I'll have to bring Nick here some time, he'll fall off his chair. About half way through the service I found myself excited and engaged. The pastor was great. He was excited and motivating. He asked if a new person came to this church would they feel God's presence? I was a new person today, and I did feel his presence. He asked us to say this short prayer everyday. "Use my heart and my hands for Your glory"

Even though this journey has been extremely hard for me. I have always felt that God had a purpose for it. My heart and hands are ready. I pray everyday for God to show me the way.

No comments: