Monday, September 15, 2008
Gregory and Sophia's first day of school
Of course Gregory is not a camera guy so this is the best I could do for the 2 of them. Nick got an awesome picture of Gregory in the front of the school but it is on his phone and I don't know how to get those onto the computer yet. So we got through the first week (sigh) :) The first day was rough. He cried for 10 minutes and then I told the director to make sure the teachers do not try and cuddle him or hang on him. Well that did the trick. As soon as they just left him go he stopped crying and was happy the rest of the class. Thursday was a little better he only cried 2 minutes. The teachers said he did really well. He participated in everything and was happy and very talkative. I wish so badly I could be a little bug on the wall! He has been doing very well. He is so engaged. His referencing has been great and he is initiating so much on his own now. I remember the day I wished so badly my little guy would come and ask me to play ring around the rosy or a game like that. Now he does it all of the time. Today he asked if we could hold hands while we jumped on the trampoline. He asks me to race him. It is so cute of course I always let him win ;) The other day we were driving home from our OT appointment and he said Mommy, I love you. Your the best Mommy! OMG, I almost lost it!!!!! Gregorys OT is really great. She gave us a lot to think about for the next few months. She worked on his pencil grasp and by the end of the appt he was holding the crayon pretty good. We know we have to work on those visual muscles. It is pretty obvious his convergence speed is slow. So we will continue to work on his sensory system and would really like to add HANDLE soon if we can get to a seminar. So tomorrow is school again (every tuesday and thursday). So we will pray for another good day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment