Thursday, August 9, 2007

Happy Days


We are a happy family of four planning for our new addition. Nick and I decided to travel to Greece with our 2 daughters at the beginning of my pregnancy to visit his family. His family in Greece is very religious. His cousin is a Monk and we had several trips to the monastery and many blessings to my growing belly from Yia Yia (grandmother). Things just felt so perfect. A couple of months later we found out we were having a boy. OHHHH what joy. My husband was in his glory!! I am from a family of 4 girls and this was music to my fathers ears. I was thrilled but I would have been just as happy with another girl. Everyone said we would have the "million dollar family" Then that night came, my water broke at midnight and I was on my way to the hospital. I had a pretty easy labor and then at 10am little Gregory was born. The doctor gave him to me and of course I cried many tears of JOY. My beautiful baby boy. My son, I have always dreamed of him. I dreamed of playing baseball with him, playing trucks with him, going to his sporting events, straightening his tie, giving him advice with his girlfriends, dancing with him at his wedding. It felt so wonderful to hold him in my arms. My life felt perfect.

No comments: