Sunday, August 17, 2008

A blood draw

On Friday we headed to Childrens Hospital to have blood drawn for a few tests. We needed to get the genetics testing done and then I asked our DAN! to test his thyroid again (it was borderline low previously) and food sensitivities. I would like to get back to the gfcf diet but it is so hard and I figure if it definitely is needed bc he shows an allergy then I will definitely be motivated to implement the diet again. So anyway on our way there he says Mommy why are you going to the doctors, because your knee hurts? (I recently had a knee injury) I said No buddy, you are going. He said Why? I said bc you have to have a little test. We get there and immediately he remembers this place. He says I don't like this place. We go inside and there are toys and stuff so that kept him busy. Then the lady called his name and he was like a little monkey hanging on my neck. He has never hugged me so tight before. We go back to the room and he starts crying. I felt horrible. Long story short, we got the blood and he got a cool green wrap around his arm. He thought it was neat. I took him to the playground after, which made him very happy. He was playing and then came over to me and said, Mommy I am going to show my "test" to the kids. I said ok. He walked over to a boy who was about 8 and said look I had a test today. The kid just gave him a weird look and walked away. I was so disappointed and so was Gregory. He came back with a sad look. I said oh he is a big boy and he probably doesn't like tests. But he loved showing off his cool bandage to the family. We showed Mimi, Poppop, Aunt Katie, Theo Pete and Theo John and of course his big sisters. He seemed proud of himself, the ladies told him he was so brave and kept saying how cute he was. On the way home I kept telling him they thought he was so cute and he would get that bashful smile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.