We decided to start potty training for Gregory. We started last Wednesday. He is doing great! He has had a few accidents. It is usually when he is doing something and he forgets so he goes a little in his undies and then says I have to go potty! I am happy it is working. He was 2 in March so he is actually on schedule. The girls were potty trained at 2 and a half. With him being a boy and the worries about his development I wasn't sure when it would happen. He has even went #2 on the potty twice. He has a constipation issue and I think it may be sensory and low tone related. I think sitting on the potty to go is helping him though. We are also on a trial of an antibiotic and antifungal to see what would happen to his stools. They are so much better since the antibiotic. Formed and not as awfully stinky!
Otherwise he is doing pretty good. He gets a little oppositional at times but I have been able to stay really calm and work him through it. Our objective we are working on has been improving. When we first started it I thought oh my this is a hard one. But it seems to be coming along pretty nicely. He is starting to keep referencing me on a continuous basis to make sure his actions match mine. Of course there is still some scaffolding on my part, but we are getting there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment