Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Good Day

Gregory was going through one of his "down" periods starting about a week ago. When he has these I get really stressed out and really worried. He was very irritable, spacey, oppositional, and just down right grouchy! I tell myself every time he gets like this not to worry and not to take it personal but I always do! I ask God to give me patience and strength to get through it with Gregory and bring us happy days where Gregory is thriving. I thank God everyday for the progress Gregory has made, for the wonderful people He has brought into our lives and for the absolute joy this child brings to my life. His smile and sweet laugh melt my heart. He is turning into such a little character, a little Nick I guess you could say. Nick was the class clown, voted most popular guy in high school. He made me laugh and he made everyone around him laugh. That is what I always loved about him. Every now and then I see glimpses of Nicks good funny happy nature coming through Gregory. When he is relaxed and his body feels good. When his true colors are coming through he reminds me so very much of Nick. I always wanted a son who had my husbands personality. Someone who was funny, outgoing, optimistic, loving and hard working. It feels good to see my husband smile and say "Thats my boy" at least once a day. My father even has a comment that I love hearing "He's somethin else!"

Today we did a lot of hanging out together. I thought about our objective a little throughout the day but the day was just flowing. Gregory was engaged and happy all day. He even had a big poop on the potty which is always a happy occasion. I think I can say he is fully potty trained. He tells us when he needs to go and rarely has accidents. He even had to pee outside in the grass today because we were out and about with no bathroom nearby. He laughed the whole time. It was a father son moment because I had Nick help him with that. We finally got our trampoline so that should keep the kids busy until school starts.

No comments: